Dear [Bossman]
I understand that you have trouble conceptualizing any event which is more than 2 weeks into the future, but given that during todays staff meeting we had traipsed into discussing March events I thought it pertinent to bring up my approved time off spanning the last week of February into March. Many of our staffers like to work a couple weeks to months into future planning, as they are smart, organized and capable people, and so I wished to give them ample time to discuss with me any impending projects or needs from myself. Knowing too that due to the President's Day holiday, we will only have one more staff meeting before my said vacation, I thought it was all the more necessary to remind people of my impending time off, for theirs and my sake, as you well know how annoying it is to be bothered while on vacation by a simple problem that could have been taken care of earlier, simply given some professional forethought and preparation.
But despite all this, you felt the need to reprimand me when I broached this topic, (in front of the other staffers) noting that it was really too early for me to remind people of this. My sincerest apology for taking an entire minute of our precious hour long weekly staff meeting for this completely unnecessary and preemptive reminder. Apparently you can be too early and too on top of things; so much so that it requires a public correction.
I will do my best in the future to ensure that I only remind people of things within the manageable 2 week beforehand time frame, as that allows an ideally small (but manageable) time for problem solving. If it were later in the month, I'd remind you that I'll be in remote location with unreliable internet or phone access during this vacation which falls during a busy time of year and right before several large events that I manage, BUT, perhaps you will find that out when you attempt to contact me during that period with small questions regarding issues which could have been solved now.
Sincerely,
[Apparently You Can Be Too Prompt]
Woman! Holy shit! Are you your son's personal secretary AND consultant? Why would you do his whole resume for him? Are you determined to have him dependent on you his whole life? That's really the only reason I can think of for that email. I'm so tired of this shit. If it were up to me, I'd never visit. I would encourage [fiance] to do the same. He loves you, but he knows what you do is wrong. Ever since [fiance] moved closer to me, I have never felt welcomed into your creepy family. Your children are grown. One of them has realized that, and you can't handle it, can you? Your daughter is a financial leech and an overgrown 5 year old with a princess complex. I'm not entirely sure that it's her fault. If you loved her (and not your need for a dependent) you'd move away and stop encouraging her emotional blackmail.
Comments
Post a Comment